Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cosplay: Appleseed

After Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed is one of the other more famous stories created by Masamune Shirow. I remember watching the early anime of the manga back in the late 80's. I know that more of you will have thoughts of the over the top CGI versions of this.

You can really see this in the 2 different versions I have on each side. Little has been changed in the character design and story. Each version gives you an insight to the characters, but they still end up similar.

I didn't want to do one version or the other, so I will showcase both. There are some definite time take in some of these cosplays as Briareos is not an easy one to cosplay. Deunan Knute however is a bit more easier as she is more of a human in character design than he is. That head mask is one bitch to try to mimic, but they do have a few good ones here.

Well, lets get to what you wanted to see - cosplayers of Appleseed:

Brandi Messee (Deunan Knute)




~Desert Rose~ (Xander)





HATABOU







Odd-One-Out (Deunan Knute) and Ikariya (Briareos)








rinoalewis (Deunan Knute)

SilverCat (Deunan Knute)

Polymer Armory


XenoGirl (Deunan Knute) and Unknown (Briareos)
(Trowa Al - Photographer)




4 comments:

  1. Brandi Messee costly suit look damn realistic. The padded armor gives it a strong SWAT sense. This is one anime movie that I enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dennis aka Katsuden ~ I like the cosplayers that are doing both Deunan and Briareos

    ReplyDelete
  3. The unknown group is the Polymer Armory group from 2004 at Dragon*Con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I have updated it with a link to their site as well.

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...